Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Weekend fun - Online friendship turned real life

This past weekend I flew to St Louis, MO for the first time to meet my friend E and celebrate the pending arrival of her baby girl. We created a mommy group online almost 4 years ago and all bonded over making babies. We've supported each other through multiple pregnancies, miscarriages, and children. A few of us made the trip to MO for the shower to celebrate. We left our kids behind and turned this into a girl weekend. It was awesome.

Upon arriving in St Louis I started taking pics of signs. I love pictures of signs, I mean how do you remember where you were if you don't have pics of signs?
 A, me and R, the three of us made the trip to attend the baby shower.
Everything was pink, I loved it. The guest of honor choosing the best baby made out of play dough
How cute is this. Her theme for her baby's nursery has owls in it
And all of us with the mommy to be
 35 weeks and 15 weeks, can't believe that we are actually pregnant together and hanging out
After the shower we went back to E's place and celebrated some more :). The non preggo had wine while the preggo had sparkling grape juice. Yum yum


 We sat on the deck and chatted away until the rain chased us back in
We spent the rest of the day talking about everything, reminiscing about the good old days when we started our group and talking about future meetup. It's crazy how these girls have become great friends of mine. Their support throughout the last few years has been amazing. We didn't go to bed until almost 1 in the morning.

The next day we chilled some more, had breakfast together before we headed to the airport. My flight was later in the day so I chilled with E a bit more before going home.

It was such a great weekend. I loved hanging out with my online friends turned real life friends. I missed my boys a lot and it was nice to come home to these smiling faces
Oh and my hubby too. I love my family. The boys were alive and in one piece, hubby did good :). By the way, this is probably the last pic of hubby with glasses, he got Lasik yesterday and is finally 20/20. I am so happy, I didn't care for those glasses.
Girl weekend was a great success. I Hope you all had a great weekend too.

11 comments:

  1. How sweet!!! i love genuine friendships!!! Following you now!!! Your family is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Glad you were able to get some time away to hang out with your gal pals. That's always fun.

    Your boys are just so cute! How did your hubby do with Lasik? A friend of mine had it done and she said it took a while for her eyes to adjust to light cause it was very sensitive. Hopefully, hubby is doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that you have formed real relationships with those ladies. What a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say that I totally want to meet you one day in person. Wouldn't it be cool for our entire little blogging community to have one big playdate one day? Ahhhh that would be so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Amy. That would be awesome. It looks like you had such a great time. COngrats to your hubby on getting Lasik--I need it badly. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so much fun! Preggo buddies are the best. They are also really awesome to call at 3am in the morning when you are up with an infant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that you guys have become such awesome friends...look at your bump lady...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun!! Sounds like such a great girls weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yaay! For friendships! I hope to meet some of my blogger friends one day. You guys are so adorable :)

    And woohoo for your hubby! I am looking forward to getting Lasik one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what ... WUUUUUUUTTTTTT??!! another baby? I miss a few posts and i'm so far behind! congrats, excitingexcitingexciting! i'm so glad you made the trip and you got to spend time with your blogging friends :)the boys must be so excited for the baby!

    ReplyDelete