Monday, September 2, 2013

Weekend fun - Labor day edition

We had such a relaxing and low key weekend. It's about time I get on with the program. We had 2 first birthday parties on Saturday and spent Sunday and Monday chilling and relaxing. We planned on visiting some friends but hubby got a bit sick so we decided to stay at home and recuperate. It was the best idea ever.

Saturday was somewhat busy but nothing we couldn't handle :). Before we left for the first party, I figured since the we all looked decent it was a perfect time to attempt my weekly bump picture with the boys. It was a total disaster. Tman is so not interested in these, why do I even bother. I think I will just have to take one by myself from now on, it would be so much easier.

14 weeks with bebe #3, Jbird on the other hand is game for whatever, Tman made somewhat of an appearance. That kid has a mind of his own I tell you, just like his mama.
The first birthday party was outside and the weather was perfect for it. Tman was so excited, he kept asking me if there will be birthday cake there. So in good fashion, that's the first thing he checked out when we got there. Good thing they had a birthday cake :). The funniest thing is that when we were ready to leave, Tman hadn't had his cake yet, he made us wait until he ate some.
The weather was so beautiful, I hung out with my Jbird for a bit
 Then gave him to my hubby so that I could chase Tman around the park
My boy was on the move the entire party. He loved the slide and went down it so many times I thought he would be dizzy. Somehow, he wasn't and had the happiest smile every time he went down.
They had a face painter at the party, a super cool idea for kids I tell you. Tman was unsure about it at first but she had a thomas the train design so it wasn't long until my boy gave in and got one
Proudly showing off his thomas painting. He didn't want to wash it the next day you guys. Great success I tell you.
This was such a great party. We had a great time celebrating this little boy's birthday. I love 1st birthdays because it's the celebration to the best achievement ever, you know surviving the first year of life.

I made the mistake of not taking a family picture as soon as I could and well, I ended up not having one. The boys fell asleep on the way to the next party and slept through almost the entire party. I have the best nappers but that sucks when you have 2 parties back to back. Oh well, at least they showed up right.

The rest of the weekend was spend relaxing at home with my favorite boys. My mom and grandma joined in on the fun too.

Check out my little Jbird being busy in the kitchen, this kid is such a big boy
And of course my happy Tman smiling away for the camera. I am slowly getting used to his new haircut, it's growing on me.
My mom and grandma hanging out with the boys.

We had such a great weekend. I didn't remember how much I loved low key weekends. I need to bring those back in our lives. Hope you all had a great weekend.

14 comments:

  1. Loving the bump pic! You look great as usual.

    Such a fun weekend. Hope your hubby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw your bump is so cute. You are glowing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha yes lowkey weekends are the best. Your bump looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie, I love that the bump showed up much sooner this time

      Delete
  4. Seriously low key weekends are my favorite!

    You look fantastic! Love your baby bump!

    T-Man's haircut is adorable on him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith - I completely forgot how much I loved low key weekends, I am bringing them back into my life.

      I am finally starting to like his haircut, it was a bit of a shock when he first got it

      Delete
  5. Adorable family pics. AND you are one of the cutest, happiest pregnant women I've seen. That's awesome and you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs. K, that is so sweet of you to say

      Delete
  6. Fun! Well, you know I'm a big fan of those low key weekends too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Peg love the bump photos...and we had an awesome time with you guys!! Love the boys and I can't wait to see you guys again!! I'm glad Tman waited for his cake!!

    ReplyDelete