Saturday, September 8, 2012

Our new normal

Our days are pretty much similar nowadays. The first 2 weeks were spent resting and trying to find a little routine. Poor Tman spent most days inside. After the first 2 weeks I felt it was time to cater to my Tman too so I reinstated water play in the morning.

So most days we wake up, eat breakfast then we set up the pool on the deck for Tman to play. He is in heaven, he loves being in the water and he is enjoying the nice weather.

Tman and his granddad playing by the pool.

Gosh, his cheesy smiles are my new favorite. This is pretty much what I get every time I say "smile for the camera"
I am usually cuddling up with Jbird during this time. After water play it's bath time followed by lunch time followed by nap time. Tman still naps 2 to 3 hours everyday such a blessing. He has a hard time going down at bedtime but that's another story.

After nap time, I hang out/play a bit with my Tman then we have snack time then we head out for a walk. I started to take the boys out for a walk everyday about a week ago. The first time was a total fiasco but we've managed to do better since. Tman just loves leaving the house and though we don't go far or don't walk for long, he is happy to be out for a little bit.

These pics are from the first day we went for a walk. It was only a 15 min walk in the end, I didn't time it right and my poor Jbird started crying about 5 min into the walk and we had to go back. He must have been hungry.

All smiles as we were getting ready to start our walk.
 Then Jbird started to cry and while we took the pic his pacifier fell off
Tman ordered me to give him his pacifier back, he is so protective of his little brother already
 Ok, we are really ready to go now
By the time we come back from the walk it's time to get dinner ready. Luckily I don't have to cook anything (gotta love African tradition, the mom is not supposed to go in the kitchen for at least a month after giving birth). My grandma or mother in law make all the meals for us. We eat then chill for a bit.

Jbird eats whenever he is ready and Tman always wants to help feed him. I let him because I think it's the sweetest thing and I definitely want him to feel involved with the baby.

After dinner Jbird usually gets burbed by daddy and get some much needed daddy and me time
Then he comes back to hang out with his mama while daddy and Tman play with blocks or read a book or something of that nature. That is my view while I chill on the couch with Jbird. Usually I am cuddling with Jbird but I wanted him to be in the pic :).
Eventually it's time to get ready for bed. Tman always wants to hang out with me and Jbird while he drinks his last bottle of the day. I love that hubby took this beautiful pic of me and my boys, I just wish I didn't have a plastic bag on my head. I guess we can't look great for every pic eh.
That is our day in a nutshell at least for the next few weeks. It's a pretty good day for sure mostly chilling and relaxing and hanging out with the boys. I am looking forward to being able to take Tman and Jbird to the playground soon. I better enjoy the next 7 weeks of my maternity leave because after that we won't have this much time to hang out until the weekend.


  1. Awww your family is so lovely! Your boys look so much like their daddy!!!!! I am glad that you are all doing well. :)

    1. Thanks Glamour. My hubby got so happy when I told him that someone thinks the boys look so much like him. Man and their boys I tell you.

  2. Awww, I love the pictures. It reminds me when I brought Apollo home, especially the walking pictures. Glad you are enjoying your maternity time with your boys. Take it all in.

    1. :) :). You are about to do it all over again :)

  3. i knew you were African! been guessing this whole time! what country you from?

    1. I am from Cameroon in Central Africa.