I am scared shitless right now as I am getting ready to welcome my third son into the world in a few short weeks.
I always knew that I
wanted to have a house full of kids running around, there is something
about that chaos that is just beautiful and amazing. But I never
actually gauge how this would work on a day to day basis. Now that we
are approaching that chaos, I am scared shitless.
My hubby is taking 3 weeks of paternity leave to help us get into a
routine and we are lucky enough to have his parents here with us as well
as my family to help with this transition. All this support will
certainly take the edge of things.
The kids hanging out with grandad and playing with trains
Lots of things are obviously going to fall by the way side while we are adjusting to this new life.
- I am not so worried about labor, I've done it twice and survived :).
- I don't care so much about getting the house cleaned and picked up, ain't nobody got time for that.
- I am not worried about breastfeeding, I mean I think I got this now :).
- I am not so worried about sleep, I know that it's only a phase and I will surely survive
I am not so worried about missing out on bonding time with my hubby because clearly it all works out as the babies keep
The kids hanging out with grandma and playing on the Ipad
- How the heck am I going to handle nap time. I mean there's no way
the big boys are going to sleep when the baby sleep and I can't possibly
sleep when they are awake.
- Making sure that the big boys are still entertained while staying indoors most of the time.
- Finding time to pump so that I have a milk supply by the time I go back to work.
- Finding time to bond with my new baby without the big boys feeling left out.
- Finding time to cuddle and sleep whenever possible while still taking care of the big boys.
My Jbird has been super clingy and just wants me lately, what if he doesn't get over that?
The kids wrestling with hubby
I always laugh inside when people tell me I make having babies
look easy and ask me how I do it because all I am thinking is if you
only knew that I am barely making it. Everyday that we are all alive,
happy, and healthy is a victory, low expectations all the way.
My boys enjoying a ride around the house. I just love that
these two are enjoying each other company's more and more each day. I
can't wait to take them out to the playground with this ride, they love
taking it for a spin