Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Weekend fun - we were busy

this past weekend was so busy in our household, this was the 4th weekend in a row that we had things planned. We love to pack in as much as we can but I am not going to lie, I am getting very tired. The week is busy with work and the weekend is busy with activities. I need a break from my busy schedule :). It's so hard though because it's Summer.

I digress. Saturday we took the kids out for breakfast. It was so much fun. We had been planning to do that for a bit so when the schedule got crazy we didn't want to cancel.

My hubby and Tman playing around while we waited. These two are the cutest (I know, I am biased)

After breakfast, we had a play date with my friend K who has 3 boys. We met at her house and played outside with the kids for a few hours, it was awesome. She had a slip and slide set up for us and a mini pool. Water play is the best and the weather was so perfect for it.

My first boy and her second boy are only a few months apart and they get along so well. Here they are playing by the baby pool
My Jbird of course wanted to join in on the fun
Our last boys are a mere 3 weeks apart, I know like we planned. How cute are these two
We had pizza for lunch and popsicle for desert. The big boys loved it
Then it was time to go down the slip and slide, ah to be a kid again. It was so much fun

Oh and check out my Jbird standing all by himself, such a big boy, we are so proud of him.
 And I managed to get a picture of all 5 boys playing together. We are in awe at the fact that not too long ago we were in College worried about graduating and now we have 5 kids between us.
Me and my Jbird so happy after spending hours soaking up the sun and playing in water
After the play date we met some friends at their house for dinner. By the time we got home, we were so beat. We pretty much spent 12 hours outside our house. Thank goodness our kids nap anywhere.

The next day, my mom watched the kids so that I could go to my friend's baby shower. I am so happy for her, this is her first baby, a boy due this August.  We went to College together and actually moved in together right after College and had the best of time.

They were showered with so many beautiful gifts. The happy couple opening presents
How cool are these monthly onesies? they are huge Redskins and these are just so appropriate
I hung out with another friend's little girl, cutest baby girl. She made my ovaries ache for a little girl
Me, the guest of honor and another friend who is also expecting a little boy in September and used to live with us. How cool that it was Bastille day and we were wearing red, white and blue. Totally unplanned, yet totally awesome. 
It reminded me of this gem picture of us that I dug out from when we lived together 6 years ago and were single girls with no care in the world partying our lives away. It was a French themed party in my honor and my girls were wearing their red white and blue. Those were the days
After the shower, I picked up my hubby and we went out to dinner for another friend's birthday party. I know, we have way too many friends :). Since my mom was watching the kids, it was like being on a date :).  We thoroughly enjoyed it.
My happy but tired face
It was such a busy weekend. We had lots of fun and got to hang out with our friends but I must say that I am looking forward to more low key weekends. The great thing is that this time next week, we'll be in Jamaica sipping on some colorful drinks and getting plenty of rest. Hope you had a great weekend too.

6 comments:

  1. per usual another awesome weekend...love the pictures of the kids having fun with the pool and slides and was that you about to go down the slide?! love it. and look at you and the little girl...so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a busy weekend you had. Glad you were able to enjoy it though. J-Bird is just too too cute as is T-man of course! Can't wait to meet them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your family sure are living it up...busy busy busy. And I looks like tonnes of fun. The boys sure look happy (and suppppppper cute :)). And that little girl, makes my ovaries ache too...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun weekend! so busy! i know what you mean about loving low key...sometimes i feel like a need a weekend to rest after my weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that y'all pack in so my in a weekend! So much fun! But I can imagine that you probably need a weekend full of relaxation!

    I'm so excited for you! I wish you could pack me in your suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love that you jumped in on that slip n slide. My kinda girl! :)

    ReplyDelete