Saturday, August 25, 2012

The day my heart doubled in size

The day my Jbird was born, my heart doubled in size and gave me room to love both my boys even more than I thought I possibly could. I don't think the arrival of Jbird took any love away from my Tman, I think my heart just got bigger to accommodate this sweet baby boy.

My labor and delivery experience was amazing. I knew what to expect and all but I was blown away at how easy and simple things were.

I had braxton hicks on and off for weeks. On August 14th around 5pm, I started having more frequent braxton hicks. I decided to start timing them though they weren't painful I figured it must be a sign. By 7pm I was having them every 10 min. I called my Dr who recommended I waited until I had painful contractions before going to the hospital.

Sure enough on August 15th around 1am I had my first painful contraction. I woke my hubby and mom up and we got ready for the hospital. By the time we got to the hospital around 1:40 my contractions were more and more painful and much closer. The Dr checked me and said I was about 5cm dilated. I barely had enough time to get checked in, get an epidural and there I was 10cm.

They wheeled me to the delivery room, my water broke on the way. By the time we got to the delivery room it was time to push. 15 minutes, 4 pushes later and my Jbird was born. We had a minor scare when his heart rate dropped ridiculously during the 3rd push but all was well. Turns out he had his cord wrapped around his neck twice. The Dr swiftly removed it and he started screaming, his body was a little blue but all was well within minutes.

The moment that we waited for finally arrived, our second son was born 2 hours and 38 minutes after the first painful contraction on August 15th at 3:38am. We are in heaven.

Meeting my son for the first time. They put him on my chest as soon as he started screaming. I was so happy, you would have thought I never did this before. I am glad it's special and exciting every time.
I just love this picture, my hubby was so happy and caring and I love that it was captured on camera
My second son getting cleaned up and measured
Holding his son for the first time
One proud grandma, I love that my mom is always in the delivery room with me :)
Jbird with his parents, we are so happy to hold this blessing
My son all cleaned up
Our family was there to support us. We are so lucky
My hubby's mom made it just in time to come to the hospital
Tman meeting his baby brother
A little funny story. When we got to the hospital, I was in so much pain that apparently I said that this was my last child and I was done having children. Well fast forward 2 hours later and we just delivered our Jbird and we are just soaking in the sweet moment and enjoying him and I tell my husband that the next time I will make sure to come to the hospital much sooner. The Dr turns to us and says "I thought this was your last child"....hehehehehe. Don't ask a woman in labor if she plans to have more children, definitely wait until she has her beautiful gift in her arms.


  1. Such a beautiful experience. Congratulations! So happy for you and your family.

  2. Thanks J. I am so glad I finally found your blog too, I can now follow you along your journey.

  3. I absolutely loved reading this! Congrats again!

    I laughed out loud when you said this was your last time. Pain talking, lol.

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend with your loves!

  4. Thanks Faith and Laura.

    Laura - Welcome to my blog.

  5. Loved your birth story!! Brought tears to my eyes...even though it was such a short labor!! (jealous..)
    Needless to say, you've been extremely blessed... Congrats again!!

  6. Thanks Kathy, I can't believe how well things went with this pregnancy and delivery. I just thank God everyday for such a blessing.