Well, I have owned my choices and I am all about "do what's best for your child and your family."
Someone out there will always disagree with a choice you make (during pregnancy, with a baby, with a toddler) but don't worry about it. All I am saying is make the choices that are best for you and your family and do not feel bad about it.
That being said, here are some of the stuff I have received criticism about and I am so over being guilty:
- I use disposable diapers and I love it. I honestly never even considered using cloth diapers. I don't regret my decision. Disposable diapers are a great choice for me and my family :).
- My son is almost 2 and I don't even own a potty, what the heck, maybe I'll wait until he is old enough to sit on the regular potty. Oh and I really don't mind having 2 kids in diapers heck even 3 kids in diapers would be fine by me :).
- I bought good old Gerber food for my baby and never looked back. Never made my own food nor did I use anything organic. I don't feel guilty.
- I let my son eat candy, cookies, chips, and all sort of junk food. A little bit of junk food is not a bad choice plus this kid barely eats so I'll take it where I can.
- I don't use a Shopping Cart or a High Chair Cover, let him build his immune system.
- I breastfed my son and he never had formula but I also cried my eyes out the first 3 months because breastfeeding was freaking hard. Formula would have been just fine. So with all my other babies, I will try my best but I would not make it a ride or die situation. Yep formula is not poison and I will definitely give it to my kid for my own sanity
- I am a working mom and I don't feel guilty about it, ok maybe a little but I am not willing to quit my job and give up on all the nice things that we can afford because I work. My son goes to daycare and he is a well rounded little boy. I realize that some stranger spends more time with my son than I do, oh well, so is life. Works for my family
- My son still sleeps in our bed and has been since he was about 6 months old. I co-sleep and I don't feel guilty about it, I actually enjoy it.
- I let my son watch cartoons so that he can give me a break during car rides. He is a huge fan of Thomas the tank engine. Not feeling guilty.
- My son doesn't know how to count or say the alphabet and I really don't push the issue or care for that matter. He is not even 2 yet. All I do with him is play, play and more play. He'll sure know all those things by the time he goes to kindergarten.
I'm sure there are a plethora of other things we do in our household that aren't exactly like everyone else or might be frowned upon, but the choices we make are the right ones for our family. Don't let anyone judge you or make you question your decisions, you are the best advocate for your children and family.
I get to be the mom to my happy little boy and can't wait for my 2nd boy to be here so I can love on him too :). We are a much happier family because of the choices that we make.