Sunday, July 17, 2016

And then we were six

Our 4th baby is here and our life has been crazy busy and so amazing at the same time. She is actually 8 days today and we are still all alive and well, God is good. Thank you so much for all the congratulatory messages on the arrival of our sweet girl.

I want to take you back to the day we became a family of six. I always dreamed of having a family full of kids and God totally answered that prayer. I also always dreamed of having a daughter and that dream totally came true when baby girl arrived on 9 July. You guys, I didn't even know how much I wanted to have a daughter until the good Lord answered that prayer. My heart is so full right now. Three amazing boys and one beautiful healthy girl is my total dream come true.

Hanging out with my girl and matching for the first time. I still can't believe that I have a daughter.
The day before she arrived, we had another non stress test to check on baby girl and make sure she was ok. I had been wearing pink everything the last week in preparation of the baby's arrival.
Hubby came with me for this appointment because he was convinced that the baby would be coming that day. Unfortunately, we were sent home after everything looked good. Hubby's "I can't believe we are not having a baby today" face :)
Well that same night like every night for the past 2 weeks, I started having braxton hicks contractions. Nothing painful just constant contractions for a couple of hours. Normally after the couple of hours the contractions would stop but this time they didn't. They just kept getting closer and closer. When they got to be about 10 minutes apart, I woke hubby up and we headed to the hospital.

We got to the hospital around 2:30am and were told we couldn't be checked in because I wasn't in active labor. Luckily my doctor had a note in my file about my fast labor so they kept us for observation. Well, my fast labor did not disappoint because less than 2 hours later I went into active labor and was 4cm dilated and less than 2 hours later baby girl made her grand entrance. She arrived safely into our arms after only a few pushes. I swear, I have been blessed with fairly easy and fast deliveries and I thank God everyday for that blessing.

The last belly picture with baby #4 at 39 weeks and 6 days the day before our due date
Hubby doing his signature fake smile and me totally showing off my pink toes. We were less than 3 hours away from meeting our first daughter
The first time they put my baby on my chest. I love this picture so much
Holding his first daughter for the first time
My mom made it to the hospital just in time for the birth of our little lady. First 3 generations picture of us girls, total dream come true
It was a longest night but we were just on cloud nine :)
I love doing life with this man and I can't believe that we just popped our 4th kid together
My mom is one proud grandma, I am so lucky to have this amazing lady by my side. She truly is the best mom ever
Our beautiful baby girl getting cleaned up. 6lbs 12oz. She looks just like her brothers did at birth. Such perfection. Thank you God for this amazing blessing
The best feeling ever is holding your newborn baby and doing skin to skin. Pure happiness right here
Hubby's parents came over the same day to meet their first granddaughter
Love this picture of hubby's mom with her first granddaughter
Hubby's dad bonding with his first granddaughter
It's a blurry picture but I just love it. This was our we can't believe we have 4 kids face :). 3 boys and 1 girl, what a great combination. God is good.
Hubby and his daughter, he is such a proud papa I tell you :) and she is one cutie pie
My family came to visit the next day. I love this crew so much and I love that we all live close enough to get to share all these special moments in life
My brother J hanging out with Emilia
My brother H enjoying his first niece
My niece was so happy that it was a girl :). She now has a built in friend for life
My mom was beaming from ear to ear with my brothers
We will be doing loads of 3 generations pictures for sure :)
The next day we were given a clean bill of health and we packed our bags and our daughter :)
Hubby using the baby to work on his muscles :)
Taking our baby home, she was so tiny in that carseat
We are so happy that our baby girl arrived safely into our arms. Meeting our 4th child was just as amazing as meeting our other babies. I just love that no matter how many times we go through this baby making business, each time feels so special. Welcome to the world baby girl, we are so happy to have you here with us, you are the perfect addition to our family. Our family is now complete and we are so thankful for this new blessing. Thanks be to God.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy, I've been lurking your blog for a while now and I love reading about your family's adventures... It's a joy to see a new post. You make it all look so easy!

    I'm finally commenting today because I'm so overjoyed for you and your new daughter! Such a blessing! I know she will be spoiled and protected :) all the best wishes to all six of you and your extended family!

    -Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this lovely comment.

      Delete
  2. I 10000% love this post! All the pictures are beautiful and got me teary eyed. Congratulations again my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joy, I love how much everyone is sharing in our excitement

      Delete
  3. Congratulations you guys!!!! You are soooo soooo blessed. Beautiful little girl with 3 awesome brothers. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!! And I can't believe how much she resembles Tyler as a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, this post!! Congrats!!! I'm so, so happy for you all. I know how much you've wanted a daughter so this post makes me so happy. She is so beautiful and I'm so excited for all the posts that will include her. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith, I am loving having a daughter so much

      Delete
  5. Congratssssssssss! She's so beautiful and so happy for quick and safe delivery.

    ReplyDelete