Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Weekend fun - the Easter edition

Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my last post. I hope you all had a happy Easter. We had an awesome chilled day with our family. We managed to wrangle all 3 kids and take them to Church (big score in my book) and after that we came home and grilled, had a little Easter egg hunt in the house and the front yard, and just spent the day relaxing.

As soon as we got home I made sure to take our pictures before the kids got dirty, that was an awesome move I tell you. You should have seen the boys after the egg hunt, they had chocolate everywhere.  I was so happy when I found a perfect matching shirt for all 3 boys, you know how much I love putting my boys in matching outfits. My husband even played along and put on a shirt that looked a bit like the boys. Easter miracle over here.

Our family of 5 on Easter, thanks be to God
My mom and niece spent the day with us of course. We attempted to take pics with all 4 kids, let me tell you it's hard to get 4 little kids to look at the camera
My boys all in blue :). I am a lucky girl for sure and hubby had his hands full for this picture
Me and my sister in law with the kids and their Easter baskets. Total photo op :). Don't you just love the color combination of my niece and sister in law? She did good for sure.
After the photoshoot, we went back in the house and had a little egg hunt inside. Tman playing shy with his grandma
Me and my Bean with his adorable cheeks, he was not into my photo taking but he is still so adorable. I love this kid
After the egg hunt inside, we ate lunch then went outside for another egg hunt in our front yard. It was such a beautiful day, we had to take advantage of the nice weather. The boys loved every minute of it. Next year, I'll take them to our Church Easter egg hunt, I think they will be old enough to actually enjoy it.

The boys ready for the egg hunt outside. I just love that they are making the same face here
 Tman took his job really seriously, here he is picking up his eggs
He even took Jbird's bag to help him out
Tman was so good, making sure that Jbird also had some eggs in his bag
 Me and my big boys after a successful egg hunt
My Tman is giving his auntie a kiss while Jbird is just stuffing his face with candy :)
And because we were all dressed up, I made sure to take a picture with my hubby. We clean up good
It was clearly a great day because the boys passed out after dinner. Tman passed out on the couch in the most bizarre position but I guess it's pretty comfortable
Jbird passed out in his bed
We had a successful Easter celebration this year. It was really low key but I think the boys enjoyed themselves. Easter is my second favorite holiday after Christmas. I look forward to celebrating and teaching my boys all about it as they get older. Hope you also had a great Easter celebration with your families.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Easter :) the matching shirts are killing me, it's such a great pic! You and your husband look fabulous and it looks like everyone ha a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and hubby look so good! Love that picture, def. a framer!

    Looks like such a fun time. Love the boys in their matching tops!

    And your niece is so adorable. Love that she matched with your SIL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the boys are so cute in their matching outfits. Its so cute how Tman looks after Jbird.

    Awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your niece and your sis in law with the polka dots.....LOVE!!! <3 So glad you guys had a great Easter--lil bean is growing so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so great!! That is a fantastic color on you.

    Your Easter sounded wonderful. Love all the family pictures. Your boys look like the sweetest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these pictures....the boys and their outfits too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the boys matching shirts. You sure look great in that red dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a beautiful family and I always enjoy reading your blog. It looks like you all had a wonderful Easter and that's awesome. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute!! And you're looking amazing Peg!! :)

    ReplyDelete