I got my hair relaxed this week and I am so loving my hair right now. It's doing everything that I want it to do and the length is perfect. I must say I am very happy with where we are. I am only 3in away from my dream goal of waist length, woop woop. After I reach that goal, I am going to need to find a new obsession :). I hope to be there next Summer but with a 2in trim and potential hair loss after the baby who knows.
I am BSL again, woop woop. (I get excited to see my hair this straight because I only wear it this straight after a relaxer)
I wash my hair once a week and maintain it for the rest of the week. I usually wash on Saturday because it's easier. I only use 4 products altogether. After trying so many different things, I decided that enough was enough. I use shampoo, deep conditioner, moisturizer, hair oil and that's it. Here are my easy steps:
- As soon as I wake up in the morning, before getting the kids up, I shampoo and put the deep conditioner in.
- I get the kids up and make breakfast while the conditioner is working, multitasking at its finest
- After breakfast, it's bath time for the boys so I put them in the bath while I rinse my hair.
- I put some moisturizer in my hair and I let it air dry. A few hours later, I put some oil in my hair and style as desired.
- Some weekends, I have the energy to blow dry and curl or flat iron (usually if we are going out somewhere) but most of the time I don't even do that.
During the week I usually wear my hair in a bun or simply up. Unless of course I was brave enough to style it on the weekend then I wear it out because I can. Here are some of my favorite styles. I love all of these because none of them take more than 5 minutes in the morning.
Low bun with lots of hair pulled out