Wednesday, July 20, 2016

First week at home with our baby girl

The first week at home with our baby girl has been nothing short of crazy, chaotic and amazing. My mom took a week off to help us get settled and it was so helpful. My brothers helped out with the boys while we were in the hospital. Since we got home from the hospital it has been a juggling act taking care of all four kids and I am happy to say that we are all still alive and well. The boys have loved having their daddy home all day and doing fun things together. Emilia is adjusting really well to life in our household and I am healing well too. Emilia is such a great nurser just like her brother Bean before her.

Emilia is such a peaceful baby. She eats, sleeps and loves to cuddle. She has the sweetest face and I can't help but stare at her all day. I love this kid so much
The day we came home from the hospital, we brought some gifts for the boys from Emilia. They were so excited. Funny story, when my niece came over to visit a few days later and asked for their toys, Tman told her she needed to ask her parents for a baby sister and she'll bring her a gift too :).
Bean was a little unsure about the baby at first
Getting him acquainted to his new baby
Bean getting a bit more excited about his baby sister
A few days later we got our stork delivered. I always order one of these for our kiddos. We got a family picture in front of our stork of course. Our family is complete :)
Hanging out with my baby girl. I love that she is looking at me in this picture. I am one tired but super happy mama
My mom and brother J hanging out with Emilia
Hubby chilling with his daughter
I am loving all the pink in this picture :)
My cousin C came to visit with his wife and kid

My brother J got lots of baby cuddle :)
My sister K also came to visit
This is how the boys ate breakfast all week

We attempted to take a family picture and chaos ensued :)
My mom caught this awesome pic of me sleeping with the baby, we are always tired around here
I have also been getting lots of baby cuddle with this sweet little one
We took our baby to her first doctor's appointment. She is not going to get much one on one time with us so we take it where we can get it
She had jaundice so we were told to put her near the windows so that she could get some sun, look at that peaceful child of mine sunbathing
I made a cute project I found on pinterest
This is the concept I had in mind, poor baby girl. Hubby did not trust my makeshift bed and didn't want to be too far from the baby. This trial run proved to be interesting. Hopefully we got a good one during our actual photoshoot.
Breastfeeding has been very interesting. The boys are really interested in everything Emilia does and ask a lot of questions. The minute I put her on the boob, they all came near me and had a million questions

Tman wanted to know how she was getting any milk from the boob
Jbird thought she was biting me therefore hurting me so he decided to stop her :)
So she is just drinking milk but not hurting you mama?
This is pretty much how I breastfed Emilia everyday the first week
Our first week at home with our 4 kids has been amazing and exhausting at the same time. We are tired but so happy. Tman, Jbird and Bean are doing really well and adjusting well to Emilia. The boys are completely smitten with her and give her kisses regularly. Emilia is healing nicely and we are all so in love with her. I am thoroughly enjoying this time at home with our kids. God has been very good to us and we are so thankful for our blessings. 

4 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful! So happy everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every one of your posts is my favorite! I love love love this one! Gosh girl, you are doing it! You look great. I love the smile on everyone's face and your kids are too cute! Jordan used to say "Jenna is trying to eat mommy's boobies!"
    I'm glad nursing is going very well for you. Definitely an awesome blessing. Congrats my friend. Hopefully, we'll be able to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so sweet!! The boys inquisition about nursing is hilarious! My son still occasionally asks for some of "mummy's milk"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of her looking at you, melts my heart! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete