Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Weekend fun - pumkin patch

We took the kids out to the pumpkin patch a few weekends ago and I am just now finally getting around to talk about it. I am so slow sometimes.

We have friends that we consider family that live far from us so we don't get to see them often anymore. To remedy that problem, we plan monthly event so that we know for sure that we are hanging out every month and our kids will grow up knowing each other. We call these family dinners. Now that we have kids that are big enough and want to do stuff, we plan our family dinners around activities for the kids.

Two weekends ago, we took the kids to the pumpkin patch. This was the first time that we went to this particular patch and I must say I really liked it. This is going to be my new favorite pumpkin patch. They have plenty for the kids to do in addition to an awesome pumpkin patch. The boys were amazed and loved every activity.

My boys were never interested in the corn maze but this year, they are big enough to appreciate it. Score.


We attempted to get a family picture and all the kids joined us. I guess this is what our family would look like with 5 kids
We went to the petting zoo and let the boys pet the goats, Jbird was all about it while Tman was not impressed
Then we did a few fun rides. The boys loved this one where they were being pulled by a tractor

After that we did the ATV rides. I went with Jbird since he was too small to ride
Let me tell you it was hard, I was struggling to go up the hill
Hubby tried to help Tman but he was not impressed because he was going so slowly
Luckily uncle Frank came to the rescue
He also came to the rescue when Jbird decided he wanted to go again and this poor mama was just too tired to pedal up the hill
Uncle Frank is pretty cool like that, he happens to be Jbird's godfather
We did manage to get a group picture on the hayride. I love these people just like family, can't believe we've been hanging out for the past 15 years.
Hubby looking super cool multitasking with Tman and the baby
The I decided to do the measurement for the boys. Maybe I'll keep it up every year and see how much they grow from year to year
My handsome and rambunctious first born
My calm yet fierce second born
After all the fun it was time to let the boys loose at the pumpkin patch. Let me tell you how much my boys love this kind of stuff, the freedom to run around unsupervised with no restriction, sign them up
They each picked their pumpkins and they were so proud of themselves
Jbird, please go for a pumpkin that is more your size

  Me and my big boy taking a selfie, my little mini-me right here
After all the running around, Jbird was tired so he got a ride with the pumpkins. Look at that happy face
We had such an awesome time at the pumkin patch. The boys had a ball. I am so glad they had a lot of activities to keep them occupied. We were so tired after spending 3 hours chasing these rugrats. The happy smiles on their faces make it all so worth it. Can't wait to take them again next year. Now let's do something fun with those pumpkins that we picked. If you haven't gone to the pumpkin patch, you totally should try it. It is a great way to get the kids out for some fun.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pumpkin patch, can't wait to go this year! The boys look like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looked like so much fun... :)

    ReplyDelete